Thursday, August 14, 2008

School is starting soon!

Well,
Meridian School. I have been there for 14 years now. The first year I taught I gave birth to my third child Kevin during February. The other day a couple was touring our school and surprisingly he said, "Hello, Mrs. Slade". I looked a bit crazy that day. I had ridden my bike and hadn't showered as of yet. I think I might have looked like I was trying to be so cool.

"Do you remember me?" "My name is...." I graduated in 1994. You were my AP biology Teacher. I got a 4 on the test. Thanks a ton...I got out of taking college biology because of that.

Wow! A student from the first year I taught. He is married with three kids and lives out east. He is a teacher. He came to see what the school was up to. I guess it really did mean something to some of my kids. We remembered a few things together. And then he left. I guess teaching is a good thing. Maybe students really do remember their teachers at times. Yea!

Well next post I am going to take a picture of my classroom. I do not know how long I will be there but I plan on enjoying each day I have in that room. You will see just how cool it is soon.

I guess I have to start working again soon. I have enjoyed my free time. It is very different deciding what to do with each hour of the day instead of having it dictated by a bell. Oh well. Bells will start ringing soon. I look forward to teaching again. I hope I can help a few students this year.

Later....

1 comment:

Homeschool Mamma said...

Hey Stefanie! I am excited for you to be teaching in your new building. I am glad to know that there are teachers like you in the world. I try to explain to Ryan what Meridian was like, but I think it's hard to understand if you didn't go there. I think your blog is cute! I will try to make sure I update mine...it's harder for me to get up to the school now that I'm working at the Day Care and Graduated.