Monday, January 12, 2009

the most perfect husband...for me




My wonderful Husband comes from a large family. His parents have had many struggles and many difficulties with children, finances, and many other things. Despite all of these struggles John's parents have always shown nothing but unconditional love to their children and to everyone around them. They are the most nonjudgmental people I know. Their door is always open to anyone who comes around and they are always filling plates of food to share with anyone who may be in need.

They also are very accepting of themselves and their own imperfections. They seldom allow other peoples opinions to change their course in life, whether good or bad, and choose to do what they feel is right.

John has many of these traits, of this I am grateful. I saw qualities in him I wanted in a husband. He has taught me much. He has always loved me and who I am, he has always had faith in me and what I can do. He has always supported me in my crazy ideas even those that cost a lot of money. He sees in me who I can become and who I am. I am not the greatest at singing his praises to those around me. I often listen to others talk of the wonders of their husbands but instead of chiming in and "bragging" about how wonderful mine is, I keep it to myself.

John and I have always had a wonderful marriage. We are always happy to see each other at the end of the day. Most nights are spent close to each other as we sleep, we just never seem to want to be very far from each other. He has always been there, even when he couldn't be home. I guess today I just want to say Thanks to him and share with the few people who might read this...how incredible my husband is.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! You two were some serious young hotties but what is amazing is that the picture of the present doesn't look all that different. You are a great example to us of a strong married team and we love you guys. Way to stay young and in love!!!

Ipo said...

Beautiful, Stef. You are blessed to have such a wonderful man in your life. I love the pictures! You guys are just the most adorable couple. And it is so nice that you have wonderful in-laws, it must make your marriage so much more blissful!

Rebecca said...

I love these pictures of you two. I am so grateful to have reconnected. I love reading blogs of my friends. I feel close again so fast. Thanks for letting me be reader!