Monday, March 9, 2009

The Joys of Family





Surprising how long it took for me to add another post. I think I wanted the celebration of Kevin to continue for a while. Sometimes the ache is still so strong. I miss his terribly. But today I am ready to move forward again. I know that Kevin would want me to.

I have been thinking a great deal lately on the blessings I have in my family. The Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful family. First there's my incredible husband, John. I never believed that anyone could love me as much as he does and how he does. He is never critical and always happy to be with me. He is respectful of me and thinks I am incredible. I really love having someone think I am wonderful and who isn't afraid to tell me often. Even though I do not always believe it. He just patiently tells me over and over again, knowing one day I will believe it all.

Then my children. Oh what blessings they are to me. Trevor is so determined. He is a good kid, who sometimes seems a little lost but then who suddenly shows you He is just looking for the path he knows is right. He has always respected his family and is misses so much when he is gone. Jennifer is my little spit fire. She is such and incredible one. She knows who she is a doesn't allow others to influence or hurt her in any way. And then there is my Elizabeth... Elizabeth has the sweetest, most kind heart I know. I love to just lay with her at night and talk about her day and the many things she thinks about. What an incredible example she is to me.

There is a song I love, it sings of home being a place where you are accepted and loved for who you are, always made to feel wonderful and loved. My home is that kind of place, thanks to my family.

I am so grateful for my family. We are strong because we are together, forever.

1 comment:

Ipo said...

you are truly blessed, stef. i'm blessed to know you and be friends on top of that! love ya!