Sunday, January 24, 2010

Camera is ordered...but not here

Week three...

Lessons I am learning.

There are different responses that I see in myself. Sometimes when I become aware of something that I could improve...I ignore it. I simply say to myself. This is me. I will not change...take it or leave it. And...I make no effort to improve and continue down the road I am on, staying in my rut.

Other times I become aware of something I could change and take it to heart. so much so that it hurts and I begin to feel so down on myself. My self esteem suffers and I begin a "beat myself up" session. This results in poor feelings and well. Little change.

And then other times...I hear what people say, I think about it, agree if I can see the truth in it, feel sorrow and desire to change and then use those emotions to begin the process of change.

We are here on Earth to learn to become more Christlike. It is obvious that in order to do that we need to learn (learning here is defined as a permanent change in thought and/or behavior). Each of us forms defense mechanisms to protect ourselves and yet more often than not we choose a path which leads us somewhere other than change. Either to pride..."I am good enough...so good that I do not need to change"...Or to the gutters..."I am terrible...I do not deserve the love of others....I will never be good enough"

Finding the ability to set goals...strive to reach those goals without getting discouraged is a great challenge. Accepting who we are and yet accepting that we need to change at times is all a part of that challenge. Understanding and knowing that God loves us just as we are and yet wants us to become all that he knows we can be. All the while fighting Satan who is trying to sneak in and tear us down or build us up so high that we will never change.

So....how did my goals go this week. I worked on them. Some days were better than others...but I am not discouraged. My desire is to become more like Christ and to better serve Him. I know that Christ will love me all the way through the process and will be always reaching out to help in anyway He can.

No comments: