Sunday, January 10, 2010

My first week...My goal report

How did my first week go? Not bad...not perfect.

I think it is funny the way at the New Year we plan to change almost completely in a one day. I have decided that change for me is more slow. So my first week wasn't anywhere near where I wanted it to be. I didn't achieve my goals and wasn't everything I wanted to be, but I did well and sometimes was closer than I was before.

The hardest part this week...Oreos. Crazy! I am not sure why they were so hard for me to resist although I think it was simply because they seemed to always be there. When Jennifer is home, Oreos is one of her favorite treats to have around. So everytime her Dad or I went to the store she got Oreos. (Yes, it is because we spoil her) .

So Oreos were in my house. And even when for a day or two there weren't it seems that they were everywhere at school and because my students know I have an Oreo weakness, they were always happy to share. One would leave them on my desk with a cute note. Yep, I would eat them. Except once. One time, I just didn't. YEA ME!

So you see even my one weakness, once, I was able to resist. So this week was success in the eating department. Actually, except for the Oreos I did extremely well. I ate fruit, veggies, and soups. I chose good foods. I came home and cooked good dinners and ate just what I needed to feel satisfied.

In the exercise department, I was about 30% successful. I know not very good but some is better than none.

In the being me department...going well, I think. You know what I have felt this week? Heavenly Father really likes who I am. So why don't I? My hair is slowing growing out and isn't bothering nearly as much as I thought it would. I even think I might be a pretty hot little grey haired lady. Yep, I said HOT...

Oh, my third goal...Money. . My first paycheck I put the required amount I had figured into a new savings account. It didn't leave me with much and I thought often that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to survive on what was left, especially since this week I spent most of what was left on things for Jen for school.

So, I leave it in the Lord's hand. If He wants me to do this, I know He will help me find a way. I can't right now see how my goal will possibly be achieved but that doesn't matter. My job is to have faith, do what I can, and leave the rest to Him.

So we will see.

Until next week.

No comments: