Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010


Welcome 2010!
I think this year is going to be a great one...why you ask? well, It has been a long struggle for me in the past and this year...I actually feel like I am letting go of a few things and now I can set new goals. Have new interests and accomplish things I hadn't been able to accomplish all that well because I have been so consumed emotionally with other things.
This year I begin the year with little baggage. YEA ME!
So...goals.
1. I really need to lose 10 pounds. I know that even though my doctor tells me I am perfect according to his charts and I am by no means overweight...I have issues that affect my life and I want to take care of them. These issues include...bad knees, bad hips, and my overall feeling.
I don't feel that well. My knees hurt often and my hip goes out of place often. The other day I tool my girls to see a movie and after 2 1.2 hours of sitting I struggled to get up and walk. So, ten pounds and a lot of toning is my first goal. I started off with a cleanse and will go from there. I will keep you informed of how I am doing. I would like to be 10 pounds free and tone by my anniversary...February 14th!.
2. Be me! I have spent so much of my life trying so hard to please others...I worked hard to overcome a lot of baggage in my day and now that I feel free of it...I want to just be me. Honestly I think I am a pretty great person. I just fear getting hurt. No more. I want to be me! Wish me luck (oh this is going to include not coloring my hair anymore...that should be interesting but I take courage from Dawn Jones...she is my inspiration..thanks Dawn)
Well that's it. really for now... I mean there are the goals we always have of reading the scriptures everyday...but that isn't a new goal for me...it is an on going one. I will keep it.
Well, Happy New year to all of you. Read on. I have many weaknesses, especially in the losing weight category (cashew nuts, candied almonds, medium rare steak, homemade french fries, oreos, fresh strawberry shakes...Oh the list goes on *I love food) and I don't plan on giving up all of my weaknesses, just being more careful about the serving sizes and how often I consume them.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Just realized you have a blog. Now I can add it to my Google Reader.

I love your goals. I love learning more about you. I have always loved you and wanted to know you better. Maybe YW will help with that.

I think I am going to take a note from you.... It is the year to just be me. Why is it so hard for me? Probably because I am a "people pleaser."