Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Change







My daughter is graduating this year. This has been a great year. Moving across the street from Orem High has enabled her and I to get closer than ever before. She visits me often and I am able to spend more time with her. We are close and as the time approaches for her to leave to college I have been thinking, "boy, am I going to miss Jennifer".

I spent the last couple days working on a video for her cheerleading dinner tonight. It turned out well, if I do say so. The last song I love. I had never heard it before (it is country---I don't listen to much country) but the more I listened to it...the more I loved it.

So, today I posted a few pictures of our family through the years. There have been many changes. Some have been wonderful and some have been hard. Change is inevitable. It happens regardless of how hard to try to keep things the same...wrinkles, grey hair, kids growing up, births, deaths, moves, and so many more things change as the years go by.

Anyway, this is a simple reminder to all to enjoy the moment you are in NOW. If you are spending time thinking about how much better things will be when....Stop it! Enjoy today. I know I often need this reminder. Just this morning I realized that soon another thing would change and I don't know how things will be after school is out. I know I will miss many things...so, I plan on enjoying the moment and having sweet memories of the past.

Here are the lyrics to the song I enjoyed...I do not know the artist, because it was given to me on a burned CD. So if anyone out there knows...let me know.


"Your gonna miss this
Your gonna want this back
Your gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times so take a good look around you
You may not know this, but your gonna miss this."

Enjoy!

No comments: