Sunday, May 24, 2009

To be young again....





Last night my husband took me to prom. I know crazy that people as old as us can still go to prom....Get past high school you might think. Really we were chaperone prom...John and I were helping Travis make sure prom ran smoothly. John and I were in charge of collecting money as the kids arrived.

Despite this, I took the opportunity to dress up. I mean all out. Jesslyn Parker a young 15 year old in our ward, came over and did my hair, and Jen (my Jen) did my makeup, and My Elizabeth took pictures....We also got them done at the dance...they said we could for free...but those we won't have until this week. Then I had the absolutely cutest date ever (my hubby) take me to the dance.

Granted we spent most of the night at the table at the entrance telling the kids how wonderful they looked and taking their money, but oh what fun we had. Of course when the song, "a lady in red played" I made my hubby take me to the dance floor.

I am old...I know that but I am glad once in a while I am giving the opportunity to feel young again. Even if it is all pretend and just like playing dress up when you were a kid.

Thanks guys for all the help. And thanks to my Meridian students who were so supportive and enjoy my silly little antics. It was a great night!

No comments: